The Red Church is Christian basilica partially preserved from the late Roman era. Dating back to the late 5th, early 6th century, the church stands near the town of Perushtitsa in western Plovdiv Province. The Church is a rare example of solid brick construction and the red colour of the bricks gave its name.
The Red Church was first excavated in 1915 by Bulgarian archaeologists but because of the World War any further research was delayed until 1921. Due to structural damage, the church was stabilized with wood scaffolding in 1985. In 2013, the site was reopened and the wooden scaffolding was replaced with metal beams.